13 August 2013

Write on Con is finally here AND DiversifYA!

Hi guys, in case you didn't know about it, Write On Con, the awesome online and totally free kidlit writer's conference, is finally here! YAY! I've posted the query and sample pages of CROWNFALL over at the forums (updating the links because they changed since the last time I posted them) here. I'd really appreciate it if you guys took a look at it and told me what you think. Also, if you're over at WOC, yourself, don't hesitate to say hi! I'm willing to check out your posts too if you want feedback. :)

Another thing: I got interviewed by my fellow YA Misfit, Marieke, over at DiversifYA about being an Asian American writer! (You can check it out here.) This is my first time actually extensively talking about my background and how it relates to writing so I hope it's helpful and gives you an insight on what it's like to be an Asian American (I also give tips on how to write diverse characters in general).

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to stalking the forums at Write On Con. Hope to see you there and happy Tuesday! Have a great rest of the week, you lovely people. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lyla!! I just read your interview and I can totally relate (I'm an America-born-Chinese myself) and I'm also a teenager. Luckily, my parents aren't *too* strict about grades, which is why I have time to write :) What college are you at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay~ Thank you for reading! And haha, I know what you mean. My parents actually leave me alone long enough so I have time to write. I answered your question on Twitter. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...